Visit leader training
Our ‘Visit Leader’ courses are for any member of staff involved in planning and leading offsite visits – including local day visits, oversea visits or visits that involve adventure activities.
Visit Leader Training (Theory only)
Duration: Half day
When/where: Twice a year – October and April. South Downs Way Youth Hostel, near Lewes.*
Cost: Non-SIS** Subscribing School £120. SIS** Subscribing School £84
This half day course ensures a basic understanding of:
- The benefits and perceived barriers to learning outside the classroom
- The legal requirements for planning and leading offsite visits
- How to plan an offsite visit
- How to lead an offsite visit
- Evaluating offsite visits.
Visit Leader Training (Theory & practice)
Duration: Whole day (6 hours)
When/where: October and April. Blacklands Farm, near East Grinstead.
Cost: Non-SIS** Subscribing School £180. SIS** Subscribing School £122
This course provides a comprehensive review of good practice. In addition to a more fulsome look at the topics covered in the ‘theory only’ course, this full day session also covers practical issues such as group management strategies near water, carparks, road crossings and picnicking.
* Course sessions can be organised for groups (5+) at a location of your choice, either as a half day inset or completed over two twilight sessions.
** School Improvement Service
To make a booking call